Aarons Outdoor provides a 12-month warranty on our Bali + African Thatch frames. This warranty does not extend to thatched roofing (see detail below):
Thatching – product and maintenance information
- Our Bali and African Thatches are designed to guarantee the thatching is up to 100% waterproof when installed by our specialist installers, however this is subject to the thatching settling correctly after installation and not being adversely affected by weather.
- Once your hut is installed, the thatching will initially shed considerably. This will decrease over time.
- To minimise shedding, please take the following steps:
- Wet the grass with a hose (or wait for rainfall)
- Rake the grass to comb out stray strands
- All thatching requires a minimum 30-degree pitch, ensuring its longevity and waterproofing.
- Alang-Alang Grass and Cape Reed Thatching are natural products, therefore we cannot warrant the performance of these materials.
- Natural thatching is vulnerable to inclement weather. It may shed in greater quantities, and as is ages may start to strip as the grass/reeds become more brittle. Please notify us if whole pieces or tiles dislodge from the frame.
- Please ensure that your thatch is kept free of any overhanging structure, plant matter or debris.
- It is important to use either galvanized or stainless-steel nails when fixing your thatching. All thatching products must be stored in a dry area out of sunlight with thatching at least 100 mm off the ground.
- It is the end user’s or owner’s responsibility to ensure posts are regularly maintained and no moisture can sit around bases of posts. Moisture allowed to accumulate around base of posts will void warranty against termites and rot.
- From time-to-time timber will produce seasonal cracks and splits. These are not considered structural defects.
We know you’re clever and can do all sorts of things yourself.
But if and when you need it, we can offer all sorts of help.
Your Beliefs, Our Values
Living your best life outdoors is good for you and super fun.
It’s also serious business to us.