- Planning details below are general in nature and should not be relied upon for decision-making.
- Each land allotment is unique, and may be subject to local government protocols, and planning or environmental overlays/considerations.
- Customers should check planning information relevant to their site with the relevant local and/or state authorities before proceeding.
Generally exempt structures in VIC are subject to the following guidelines, however please check the links above for full details:
Freestanding Class 10a building (e.g. private garage, carport or shed)
- Non-habitable use only
- It has a floor area not exceeding 10m²; and
- Is not more 3m in height, or if situated within 1m of a boundary, is no more than 2.4m in height; and
- If it is not appurtenant to a building of another Class on the same allotment, it is the only Class 10a building on the allotment and is set back at least 9m from the front street alignment and at least 2m from each side street alignment; and
- It is not constructed of masonry
Construction of a pergola (Open Structure that Is unroofed)
- is not more than 3.6m in height; and
- in the case of a pergola that is appurtenant to a Class 1 building, is located no further forward on the allotment than 2.5m forward of the front wall of that building; and
- in any other case, is located no further forward on the allotment than the front wall of that building to which it is appurtenant; and
- Has a floor area not exceeding 20m2
For structures requiring a permit, we will provide the following details for a quoted fee:
- Site Analysis either in person or using remote mapping resources
- Site Plan
- Engineered Product Drawings to Class 10 specification
- Provide builder and/or insurance details to council/certifier
Note: In the event a planning permit is required we will provide this service for an additional fee
Small Works ($0 to $10,000)
Entity: ICAM Trading Pty Ltd
ABN: 35 640 826 142
Works over $10,000
ICAM Trading Pty Ltd acts as an agent for:
Builder: The Builder Guy Pty Ltd
Building Licence: CDB-U 52931
We know you’re clever and can do all sorts of things yourself.
But if and when you need it, we can offer all sorts of help.
Your Beliefs, Our Values
Living your best life outdoors is good for you and super fun.
It’s also serious business to us.