Thinking of getting a workshop for your backyard? They’re a great investment and have proven to be a versatile space. They can be used for anything you can imagine – storage space, a gardener’s workshop, a space to live, a gym – the list goes on. But do you ever wonder what is going to happen in the future, and what trends will come into fashion and make you want to transform your workshop? Consider these trends now to stay ahead of the time and have a genuinely impressive workshop in your very own backyard.
Technology is advancing at a rapid rate, with tools and gadgets working to help make our lives easier. But sometimes you just need a space to get away from it all and have a digital detox. Why not consider your workshop to be this space? You can easily turn your workshop into a place that is stress free and purely for relaxation purposes.
A future trend to be aware of is energy efficiency. After all, you don’t want to build a workshop only to find yourself with a high electricity bill.
There are a few things you can do to minimise the cost of electricity to your workshop. These include:
- Design: consider the design of your workshop. How many windows are you including, and where are they on the workshop? This will affect how cool or hot the workshop ends up being and can impact the amount of electricity used within it. As well as windows, consider adding elements such as a sunlight or glass sliding doors. This will help with heating and lighting costs.
- Renewable energy: consider being energy efficient by installing solar panels on your workshop.
- Appliances: make sure it is easy to turn off all electrical appliances in the workshop. This will help to keep costs down.
When installing a workshop, it’s important to think about what you want the interior design to be. One of the upcoming trends in interior design is to use items made from natural materials. Consider using materials such as wood for an all natural finish. If you’re going for a rustic or country look, also consider using wooden furniture within your workshop. Wood is not only an extremely popular material, it is also extremely durable, so is a good option when considering the longevity of your workshop.
When picking material to use within your workshop, consider:
- What suits your lifestyle and personal taste
- If you want a focal point or a statement piece
- What is Currently, in fashion, and whether that will stay in fashion or if you will need to renovate the interior of your workshop relatively quickly
Whole family fun
When considering the interior design of your backyard workshop, it’s important to think about who will be using the space and design specifically for them. Rather than have it as a space just for one person, why not create an area that can be enjoyed by the whole family? This can be particularly appealing if you’re in an area that receives a lot of rain. You can get the whole family out of the house and into an entirely different space. This will make the family feel like they’re not just confined to the house when there is bad weather.
Consider installing a television or a gaming device to keep everyone entertained. For ease, build a cupboard which can store food, to save you and your family members having to go back and forward between the house and workshop. Your family can have their own getaway within your own backyard.
Convinced you need a workshop in your backyard now? Aarons Outdoor Living has a range of workshops, with a whopping 18 sizes available for you to choose from. You don’t even have to worry about any permits – Aarons’ team will take care of all the paperwork for you. Interested? Contact one of Aarons team members today for more information about workshops.